2010 Arkansas Code
5-13-204. Aggravated assault.
Title 5 - Criminal Offenses
Subtitle 2 - Offenses Against The Person
Chapter 13 - Assault And Battery
Subchapter 2 - Offenses Generally
§ 5-13-204 - Aggravated assault.
(a) A person commits aggravated assault if, under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he or she purposely:
(1) Engages in conduct that creates a substantial danger of death or serious physical injury to another person;
(2) Displays a firearm in such a manner that creates a substantial danger of death or serious physical injury to another person; or
(3) Impedes or prevents the respiration of another person or the circulation of another person's blood by applying pressure on the throat or neck or by blocking the nose or mouth of the other person.
(b) Aggravated assault is a Class D felony.
(c) The provisions of this section do not apply to:
(1) A law enforcement officer acting within the scope of his or her duty; or
(2) A person acting in self-defense or the defense of a third party.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.