2010 Arkansas Code
Title 13 - Libraries, Archives, And Cultural Resources
Chapter 2 - Libraries
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 13-2-103 - Library computer use -- Policy -- Signed agreement form required.
(a) The board of directors of each library operated as an entity of the state or any city, county, or other political subdivision of the state with one (1) or more public access computers shall develop, adopt, and implement a written policy that:
(1) Establishes and maintains a system to prevent a minor from gaining computer access to materials harmful to minors as defined in 5-68-501;
(2) Provides for:
(A) Suspending the privilege of a minor to use the public access computers if the minor violates the policy; and
(B) Revoking such a privilege for a repeat offender; and
(3) Requires each user to sign a computer-use agreement form outlining proper and improper use of public access computers prior to the user being allowed to access the computer equipment.
(b) For purposes of this section, "public access computer" means a computer that is:
(1) Located in a public school or public library;
(2) Accessible by a minor; and
(3) Connected to any computer communication system such as, but not limited to, what is commonly known as the Internet.
(c) Copies of the standards and rules for the enforcement of this section shall be submitted to the Arkansas State Library.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.