1997 Alaska Statutes
Title 28 MOTOR VEHICLES
Chapter 28.10. VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND TITLE
Sec. 28.10.011. Vehicles subject to registration.
Every vehicle driven, moved, or parked upon a highway or other public parking place in the state shall be registered under this chapter except when the vehicle is
(1) driven or moved on a highway only for the purpose of crossing the highway from one private property to another, including an implement of husbandry as defined by regulation;
(2) driven or moved on a highway under a dealer's plate or temporary permit as provided for in AS 28.10.031 and 28.10.181(j);
(3) special mobile equipment as defined by regulation;
(4) owned by the United States;
(5) moved by human or animal power;
(6) exempt under 50 U.S.C. App. 501-591 (Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief Act);
(7) driven or parked only on private property;
(8) the vehicle of a nonresident as provided under AS 28.10.121 ;
(9) a commercial interstate vehicle under AS 28.10.141 ;
(10) transported under a special permit under AS 28.10.151 ;
(11) being driven or moved on a highway, vehicular way, or a public parking place in the state that is not connected by a land highway or vehicular way to
(A) the land-connected state highway system, or
(B) a highway or vehicular way with an average daily traffic volume greater than 499;
(12) [Repealed, Sec. 79 ch 63 SLA 1993].
(13) an implement of husbandry operated in accordance with the provisions of AS 19.10.065 .
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alaska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.