2009 Alabama Code
Title 41 — STATE GOVERNMENT.
Chapter 20 — CONTINUATION OR TERMINATION OF STATE AGENCIES.
- Section 41-20-1 Short title.
- Section 41-20-2 Definitions.
- Section 41-20-3 Specification of termination dates for certain agencies; date and procedure generally for termination of agencies not designated; committee's right to review and make recommendations.
- Section 41-20-4 Creation of select joint committee for review and evaluation of agencies; composition; selection of members; chairman; duties generally; submission of data and report of recommendations as to continuation or termination of agencies; voting upon committee recommendations by Legislature generally; compensation of members of committee.
- Section 41-20-5 Procedure for review and evaluation of agencies - Commencement and conclusion.
- Section 41-20-6 Procedure for review and evaluation of agencies - Public hearings and receipt of testimony generally; burden of establishing public need for continuation of agencies; information to be provided by agencies under review.
- Section 41-20-7 Procedure for review and evaluation of agencies - Factors to be considered in determining public need for continuation of agencies generally.
- Section 41-20-8 Procedure for review and evaluation of agencies - Zero-based review and evaluation.
- Section 41-20-9 Procedure for review and evaluation of agencies - Furnishing of information by Department of Examiners of Public Accounts; Legislative Reference Service; and Legislative Fiscal Office.
- Section 41-20-10 Debate and voting upon recommendations as to continuance or termination of agencies.
- Section 41-20-11 Requirement as to bill continuing, modifying or reestablishing agencies.
- Section 41-20-12 Cessation of affairs of agencies terminated; abolition of personnel positions and reversion to state of unexpended funds; expiration of licenses; penalties unenforceable.
- Section 41-20-14 Effect of termination of agency upon claims or rights against said agency; payment of unsettled accounts.
- Section 41-20-15 Utilization of principles of zero-based review and evaluation by Governor in preparation of budget.
- Section 41-20-16 Construction of chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.