2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 10 — ARRESTS.
Article 1 Arrest Before Indictment.
- Section 15-10-1 — Officers authorized to make arrests.
- Section 15-10-2 — When officer may execute warrant; authority of officer to break and enter dwelling house.
- Section 15-10-3 — Arrest without warrant - Generally; definitions; written report.
- Section 15-10-4 — Arrest without warrant - Duty of arresting officer; authority of officer to break and enter dwelling house.
- Section 15-10-6 — Offense committed in presence of judge or magistrate.
- Section 15-10-7 — Arrests by private persons.
- Section 15-10-8 — When notice of arrest for capital felony to be given to Governor or chief justice.
- Section 15-10-9 — Rearrest after escape or rescue.
- Section 15-10-10 — Where warrant to be executed; endorsement when executed in different county.
- Section 15-10-11 — Authority of officer to pursue and arrest defendant in another county on warrant from municipal court.
- Section 15-10-12 — When defendant to be taken before judge or magistrate issuing warrant.
- Section 15-10-13 — When arrest warrant endorsed by judge or magistrate; liability of judge or magistrate on endorsement.
- Section 15-10-14 — Detention and arrest of person suspected of larceny of goods held for sale.
Article 2 Arrest After Indictment.
Article 3 Issuance and Execution of Writ.
- Section 15-10-40 — Issuance by clerk, district attorney or judge.
- Section 15-10-41 — Form of writ - Felony.
- Section 15-10-42 — Form of writ - Misdemeanor.
- Section 15-10-43 — Alias and pluries writs.
- Section 15-10-44 — Execution of writ by sheriff or deputy.
- Section 15-10-45 — Execution of writs, attachments and other process in adjoining county.
- Section 15-10-46 — Copy of arrest writ to be delivered to jailer.
- Section 15-10-47 — Return of writs by sheriff; duty of clerks to accept returns by mail; failure of sheriffs to comply with section.
Article 4 Bench Warrants.
Article 5 Arrest in Other Counties.
- Section 15-10-70 — Duty of arresting officer and sheriff of other county.
- Section 15-10-71 — Application for removal order; granting of order.
- Section 15-10-72 — Endorsement on removal order.
- Section 15-10-73 — Application for guard in removal of prisoner; endorsement by court if application granted; guards for prisoners charged with misdemeanors.
- Section 15-10-74 — Arrest powers of peace officer in fresh pursuit.
Article 6 Fingerprinting of Persons Taken Into Custody.
- Section 15-10-90 — Sheriffs to fingerprint persons taken into custody; disposition of copies of fingerprints.
- Section 15-10-91 — Central state assembling agency for receipt of fingerprint records designated; duties thereof.
- Section 15-10-92 — Furnishing of fingerprinting equipment generally.
- Section 15-10-93 — Furnishing of fingerprint cards and envelopes.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.