2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 8 — OFFENSES INVOLVING THEFT.
Article 1 Theft and Related Offenses.
- Section 13A-8-1 — Definitions generally.
- Section 13A-8-2 — Theft of property - Definition.
- Section 13A-8-3 — Theft of property in the first degree.
- Section 13A-8-4 — Theft of property in the second degree.
- Section 13A-8-5 — Theft of property in the third degree.
- Section 13A-8-6 — Theft of lost property - Definition.
- Section 13A-8-7 — Theft of lost property in the first degree.
- Section 13A-8-8 — Theft of lost property in the second degree.
- Section 13A-8-9 — Theft of lost property in the third degree.
- Section 13A-8-10 — Theft of services - Definition.
- Section 13A-8-10.1 — Theft of services in the first degree.
- Section 13A-8-10.2 — Theft of services in the second degree.
- Section 13A-8-10.3 — Theft of services in the third degree.
- Section 13A-8-10.4 — Theft of trademarks or trade secrets.
- Section 13A-8-11 — Unauthorized use of vehicle; unlawful breaking and entering a vehicle.
- Section 13A-8-12 — Defenses to prosecutions for theft and unauthorized use of vehicle.
- Section 13A-8-13 — Extortion - Definition.
- Section 13A-8-14 — Extortion in the first degree.
- Section 13A-8-15 — Extortion in the second degree.
- Section 13A-8-16 — Receiving stolen property - Definition.
- Section 13A-8-17 — Receiving stolen property in the first degree.
- Section 13A-8-18 — Receiving stolen property in the second degree.
- Section 13A-8-19 — Receiving stolen property in the third degree.
- Section 13A-8-20 — Bringing stolen property into this state.
- Section 13A-8-21 — Bringing into state property obtained by false pretense elsewhere.
- Section 13A-8-22 — Obscuring identity of vehicle.
- Section 13A-8-23 — Tampering with availability of gas, electricity, or water.
Article 2 Robbery.
- Section 13A-8-40 — Definitions.
- Section 13A-8-41 — Robbery in the first degree.
- Section 13A-8-42 — Robbery in the second degree.
- Section 13A-8-43 — Robbery in the third degree.
- Section 13A-8-44 — Claim of right not defense in robbery prosecution.
Article 2A Pharmacy Robbery.
- Section 13A-8-50 — Short title.
- Section 13A-8-51 — Definitions.
- Section 13A-8-52 — Penalty for violation of article.
Article 3 Shopping Carts.
- Section 13A-8-60 — Defined.
- Section 13A-8-61 — Removal from premises without consent of owner; "premises" defined.
- Section 13A-8-62 — Abandonment on public streets, sidewalks, parking lots, etc.
- Section 13A-8-63 — Posting of article in stores.
- Section 13A-8-64 — Penalty for violation of article.
Article 3A Traffic Signs.
- Section 13A-8-70 — "Traffic sign" defined.
- Section 13A-8-71 — Possession of traffic sign; notification; destruction, defacement, etc., of traffic sign or traffic control device; defacement of public building or property.
- Section 13A-8-72 — Penalties.
- Section 13A-8-73 — Fines to be deposited in general fund.
Article 4 Copying and Sale of Recorded Devices.
- Section 13A-8-80 — "Owner" defined.
- Section 13A-8-81 — Transfer, manufacture, distribution, etc., of certain sounds without consent prohibited; applicability; penalties; recording rights; evidence of performer's consent.
- Section 13A-8-82 — Possession, sale, rental, etc., of recorded device in violation of article prohibited; penalties.
- Section 13A-8-83 — Manufacturer's name required on package.
- Section 13A-8-84 — Confiscation of nonconforming recordings, equipment and components.
- Section 13A-8-85 — Damages in civil action.
- Section 13A-8-86 — Penalties for manufacture, sale, rental, possession for sale or rental, etc., in contravention of article; forfeiture.
Article 5 Alabama Computer Crime Act.
- Section 13A-8-100 — Short title.
- Section 13A-8-101 — Definitions.
- Section 13A-8-102 — Offenses against intellectual property.
- Section 13A-8-103 — Acts constituting offense against computer equipment or supplies; punishment.
Article 6 Theft of Cable Television Services.
- Section 13A-8-120 — "Cable television company" defined.
- Section 13A-8-121 — Acts punishable as misdemeanors.
- Section 13A-8-122 — Possession of certain devices constitutes prima facie evidence of intent to violate article.
- Section 13A-8-123 — Civil liability for violations of Section 13A-8-121.
- Section 13A-8-124 — Injunctive relief; damages; proof of actual damages not prerequisite.
- Section 13A-8-125 — Equipment used to violate article is contraband; seizure and forfeiture.
- Section 13A-8-126 — Satellite reception dishes.
Article 7 Theft by Fraudulent Leasing or Rental of Property.
- Section 13A-8-140 — Elements of offense of theft by fraudulent leasing or rental.
- Section 13A-8-141 — Prima facie evidence of fraudulent leasing or rental.
- Section 13A-8-142 — Written demand for return of leased property; form of notice.
- Section 13A-8-143 — Immunity from liability for giving of notice.
- Section 13A-8-144 — Penalties.
Article 8 Telecommunication Equipment or Plans, Prohibited Possession, Distribution, Use.
- Section 13A-8-150 — Definitions.
- Section 13A-8-151 — Unlawful acts with respect to telecommunications devices; seizure and destruction unlawful devices, plans, etc.
- Section 13A-8-152 — Penalties.
Article 9 Leaving Premises of Gasoline Sales Establishment without Remitting Payment.
Article 10 The Consumer Identity Protection Act.
- Section 13A-8-190 — Short title.
- Section 13A-8-191 — Definitions.
- Section 13A-8-192 — Identity theft.
- Section 13A-8-193 — Trafficking in stolen identities.
- Section 13A-8-194 — Obstructing justice using a false identity.
- Section 13A-8-195 — Restitution for financial loss.
- Section 13A-8-196 — Situs of crime.
- Section 13A-8-197 — Court records to reflect innocence of victim.
- Section 13A-8-198 — Order to correct records.
- Section 13A-8-199 — Civil action for violation of chapter.
- Section 13A-8-200 — Block on false information in credit reports.
- Section 13A-8-201 — Reissuance of identification documents.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.